All About the Boy!

11.01.2003

Logan does a fairly good job of using pronouns - or at least using "I". The vast majority of the time he gets it right. This applies to everything except "I do" because 'I do' really means "you do."

For example
Logan standing at the counter pointing to the tin with the dog's treats - Cookie?

Me - You want to give Tasha a cookie? Ok. (I pull out the bag of "special' treats we bought her at Petco the other day) Here, pick which one. (And Logan picks which one he wants to give her.

Logan - Cacha! Caaaaa-cha! Cookie! (Dog comes running)

Logan looks at dog's teeth and drooling, then quickly reaches his cookie holding hand to me and says "I DO!" (as in Mommy you do it)

So, this is a typical use of the phrase "I do." Except recently it sometimes does mean "I do." The last week or so he's starting trying to put his socks and shoes on. Now he can't. He winds up doing little more than resting said article on his foot and laughing but nonetheless he tries. I'll get his stuff out and before I do a thing he's yelling "I DO I DO I DO!" Grabs the sock from me and pulls it down over his foot. He tries repeatedly before stopping and handing me the sock sighing and saysing "I do."

Hey, at least he tried. ;)