Art class here we come
Gymboree not only offers "gym" class but also art and music. Over the last year and half we've been going to classes, our only options were gym or music, and we opted for gym. This upcoming session is different. This time they've added in two flavors of art classes for our location. Its more money for these classes but each class runs about a half hour longer. Technically gym class is 45 minutes whereas Art is 75 minutes. The Gym teacher, however, never starts on time and so we end up with nearly an hour or more between "free play" as the last class wraps up and then actual class.Next week we owe Miss Joyce an answer - do we wish to continue with Gymboree on our current Wednesday am schedule for the 2-year-old GymExplorers class? I asked Logan and yes, he still wants to go to Gymboree. Then I threw him the curveball:
Logan, do you want to go to gym classes or would you want to try out art classes. You can only do one - not both.
He didn't even think about it. He just said it - "I want to go to art class."
I asked him to confirm that he was indeed sure he was willing to never go to another gym class in favor of arts and crafts - yes, yes he was. He was MORE than willing to do so. I pointed out that this would mean no more "Monkey's on The Bed", no more "Building a House" and no more parachute rides. That was ok, he said, he wanted art class with crafts.
So we're going to art class. I keep reminding him that we have two more Gymboree classes left and then a week off before we start art. "I know Mommy," he says, with all the attitude a teenager might muster to say "Geez, Ma, get off my case already!" Art class. Me, Logan and a group of kids aged 2 1/2 to 5.
<< Home