Perceptive
As I'm sure is fairly normal for children of three years, Logan will sometimes just drop a question that seems to come out of nowhere. He'll have been mulling it over in his brain and pull you into his internal debate about mid-way through. Recently his topic was Santa."Are there different Santa's for each state?" he asked suddenly.
I didn't want to ruin anything for him or lead him in a direction that would lead to more confusion so I decided to get my footing first. "What makes you ask that?" I said.
He paused a moment and then he let me in on what he'd been hashing out in his little mind. "Well, how can he be busy getting everything ready for Christmas and be at all those stores and other places? And how can he get everything out to everyone on Christmas Eve?"
I was still cautious. "What do you think?" I asked to be safe.
"I think it's the elves," he told me in confidence. "I think the elves just pretend to be Santa at the Malls.
--
Clearly Logan had been pondering several different recent conversations and observations. We were driving home from a shopping trip when he exhibited he was a solid realist.
"I've been thinking," he began. "I think I'm going to get just a little bit of coal in my stocking."
"Why?" I asked quite startled that he'd think such a thing.
"Well, because sometimes I have a little bit of trouble listening. So I think I might get a lot of toys and then just a little bit of coal."
<< Home