All About the Boy!

11.04.2003

From the things not to say to the precocious toddler file:

Tonight Logan wanted nothing to do with being strapped into a car seat. It completely hindered his ability to be running through leaves and creating general havoc. Of course seeing as how he was at Gram and PaPa's and needed to be home, it was also highly necessary.

We get about two blocks from my parents and hit a red light. He starts to complain in the back. Yells about cars, tossing in a few good shouts of "GO!" for fun. So I, in my infinite wisdom, say "Logan honey, see the light? Its red. We stop for red. When it turns green
we can go. Green means go."

Logan - Geen?

Me - Yup, Green. Green means go. I don't think you should try to drive any more until you can learn all the rules. And reach the pedals - but the rules are very important.

Logan grumbles - I dive.

Me - Yeah, ok. Learn the rules. Red stop. Green go.

Light turns green.

Logan - GO! Geen! Go! Geen! Geen! GEEN!

And of course, it is green so we go.

And we go until we reach the end of the road, which comes complete with a stop sign. Being the *good* (no laughing!) driver that I am, I stop. . .and Logan yells "GEEN! GEEN! GO!"

Me - Logan no, we're at a stop sign. see red sign. Red means stop.

Logan - No, Geen. Go.

And we do go because there are no cars coming.

So it goes and so it goes. Every time I slowed down or stopped he'd yell at me "GEEN GEEN GEEN!!!" We come in the house and Bruce finally says to me (as they came inside from a weather station/heh-cocker visit) "What is he saying?!"

Oh, I say, he's saying Green.

Logan - GO! Geen! GO!

Now, in case you're wondering (which you are probably not, but that's
ok) he does not confuse Green to be another way to say Go. Show him a green block and ask him what color it is and he'll tell you its Geen. He'll also identify the color blue appropriately. Red is hit or miss. He can point to a yellow object if you ask but he's yet to say "yellow." Of course, now if you show him something green he'll tell what it is...and then add GO GO GO!!!!