Caterpillar Update

For his birthday, Becky, Josef and Jonathan gave Logan, among other things,a 'bug cage.' I'm sure there is a more proper term for it, but that's what he calls it. As Meg napped the afternoon Logan recieved his little screened in bug abode, we went on a hunt for something to put in it. We found Newchur. (see photo on left from July 1, his first day in our charge. AND, that is a name Logan came up with on his own. We have no idea what its origin is...other than perhaps a 3 year olds own creative imagination.)
I am very proud to say that we've managed to keep that thing alive long enough to cocoon! On July 3 I noticed that Newchur was no longer chowing down on the parsley and carrot-top sampler. The little green thing was instead partly suspended in a pseudo "J" shape on the frame of the cage. On July 5th we woke to find Newchur fully in cocoon. Based on the web sites we've read, we should see Newchur emerge in butterfly form around 7/15.
<< Home