All About the Boy!

8.11.2006

Rodent State


When Megan naps, Logan and I play. We play a lot of different things. Computer games. Board games. Make pretend games. Outdoor games. Indoor games. We're not particularly picky.

Lately we've played a lot of board games. One of Logan's favorites in this genre is "Great States Junior." Using one of those little quirky shaped game pieces and multi-colored cube you make your way around a red, white, blue and yellow (with a white star) path that surrounds a brightly colored map of the United States. As you land on a colored square, you need to answer questions from the color coordinated stack of cards.

Logan landed on a red square. These cards require you to find states that start with a specific letter or word. I pulled a red card from the pile.

I showed him the card and he read aloud, "Name three states that start with the word NEW."

Without missing a beat he began to poke a finger at the board as he called out his answer:

"New Jersey." Check.

"New Mexico" Check.

Then with a finger next to Vermont, he said, "New Hamster"

Ahhh, close enough.