Generosity
Tonight while giving Logan his bath I called out a simple question to Daddy who sat with Miss Megan in the other room."What time is it?" I asked, wanting to be sure we stuck to the schedule that had Logan drying off no later than 7:30. Daddy called back that it was 7:13.
"What 7:13 mean?" asked Logan.
"It means its not quite time to get out of the tub yet if you don't want to," I told him.
He pondered the concept for a moment then looked at me with a puzzled look on his face. "Mommy, why you no look at your clock?"
I assumed by clock he meant watch and I told him it was because I didn't have a watch. He took another moment to process all that and then told me very matter a factly, almost annoyed that I had hadn't thought of it myself, "Then you go get you clock now. I wait here."
"Well Logan, I don't have a watch at all. The one I had is broken." I explained, not even getting into the issue that even if I *had* a watch I wasn't about to leave him in the tub alone to get it.
He mulled it over for another moment and the little light bulb went off on his head. "I know!" he said excitedly. "I go downstairs by myself and take big red car out to road. I go to Target and buy you watch with my piggy money!" He smiled at me, very proud of his idea and then he said "I can't drive big red car myself. You help me drive to Target?"
I told him that was a very nice idea. Very generous of him in fact, but right now wasn't a good time to go to Target to go watch shopping. He's decided that this is an acceptable answer for now but at some point, apparently, we're cracking open the pig for a Timex...at least in Logan's mind.
<< Home