Anger Management
Logan can be your typical two-year old. All that talk about "terrible twos" can easily be personified in this cute little overall clad tyke. He throws tantrums with the best of them. He asserts his growing sense of self and independence grandly. And, he gets sent to his room for it often enough.Its a simple parent/child dance really. He acts out. Mom says "That's it, you're going to your room and you will stay there till I come get you." Down to the room we go - typically boy plopped on his bed where he proceeds to stand and yell about it until I return to retrieve him. At that point in the dance he'll sniff out "I sorry. I be good now." And usually he is.
Friday night Logan was mad that I was not mixing cement on his command. Yes, I said cement. We were going to make the cement required for the stepping stone kit Uncle Stoo and Miss Betty sent as a gift for Megan. I had showed Logan the kid and talked about what we were going to do with it. I had offered to let him help sink deocrative stones into the mushiness. Then Megan woke up and wasn't pleased to be still in her swing and all bets were off.
And then Logan threw the Mother of all fits. . .and I offered him a trip to his room until he could calm down. He stopped yelling before we inched towards the hallway. He paused. He thought. Then he, almost happily, asked me to go down the hall with him and turn on his lights. First one lamp, then the other.
He climbed up on his bed. He stood in the center of it and he said, as he pointed to the door "Ok, you go away now."
Me - What?
Logan - Take Megan to the Living Room and watch the Tommy movie. I stay here.
Me - Umm, ok. Are you sure?
Logan - Nes. I stay here, you go to Living Room. I'm going to stand here and yell.
Me - Ok. Do you want me to come get you in a few minutes?
Logan - No tanks Mommy, that's ok. I'll just come down when I feel better.
And he did.
<< Home