Prepping for the Holiday
Logan did some Christmas shopping today. First he hit up Toys R Us where he picked out a gift for Megan - a Strawberry Nature Bearry with a small book because, as he reminded me "Megan was strawberry for Trick or Treat." He also picked out a gift for Papa.Then we headed over to Hallmark where Logan found Grandma's and Daddy's gifts. At first he wanted to get Daddy a stuffed doll because "he'd like a girl." I encouraged him to make look at something like music CDs or a lighthouse. Logan located the Harbour Lights display. Daddy, by the way, collects the New Jersey lighthouses produced by Harbour Lights so this was perfect except, of course, that they're pricey and Dad already has all of the NJ ones they've released. That did not stop Logan, however. He peered into the case and he found what he wanted - a small Barnaget Lighthouse ornament
"I want that for Daddy!" he said excitely. "That Old Barney. Daddy take me there." And Daddy had once taken Logan there for one of the Saturday morning walks. First they had breakfast at the diner housed in an old train and then they hiked around "Old Barney."
Well the ornament was locked up in the case and so we had to find the clerk to help us. We walked to the counter and I told them what we needed. Logan put his fingers up on the counter and stood up on this tip-toes so that just his eyes peeked above the counter. "I need Little Old Barney for Daddy's Christmas present."
The woman followed us to the display and asked Logan which he wanted. He reached in carefully and picked the lighthouse he had his eye on and then carefully carried it to the counter where he put it up gently and said (as the woman had mentioned just moments ago) "I need box for that please."
He carried his box to the door and then announced that it was much too heavy for him so Mommy had to hold it for him. On our ride home we talked about why we were buying presents and how he could NOT tell anyone what he had gotten because they were to be a surprise. I told him that we would hide them and then later wrap them and put them under our tree so that each person would have them on Christmas morning. He agreed that this seemed like a great idea.
Then we got home.
Logan ran into the living room to find Daddy and said, very excitedly "Daddy I got you a surprise light house for Christmas!"
<< Home