Home again
Here we are back home again - tired but content. We had a great visit with the NY contingent of the family, but it is always nice to be sleeping in your own bed. For the record, Logan's first word upon waking Friday morning was still "TANE!" and not "cat" as previously suspected. Apparently those Brio trains were even more thrilling that poor little Charlie. If you have no clue what I'm referring to, read down further -- you'll find initial reference in the Nov 27 entry. ;)The ride home was almost as blissful as the ride up - except Logan did not nap nearly as well. After a brief meltdown in the carseat -- over the fact that he was STILL in the car seat about 2 hours into our trip home -- he was a perfect little traveler. All it took was a quick rest-stop break and Mommy sitting in the back seat. Let's just say that sitting squashed between a door and a car-seat placed in the center of the back seat is not a comfy way to spend 4.5 hours. However, sitting in the backseat and playing with a funny little kid is well worth the squashing.
A new friend
By the time we left this morning, Logan was firmly attached to his 14-year-old cousin Cameron. . .who is now named "Cam-moo" care of a certain 17 month-old. In fact he was so determined to take his cousin home with him, that one of Logan's Little People figures (one that wears a red baseball cap like Cameron) is now named "Cam-moo." He has also named his Little People cat "Charlie" despite the fact that the toy is orange and the real Charlie Tuna is not.
Chef-in-waiting
Uncle Scott, soon to be Culinary Institute of America graduate, would be proud. Yesterday Logan gave up playing with trains to help decorate Gingerbread cookies. He was a natural at tossing down sprinkles and loved picking the gumdrops out of the bag to squish into the frosting. He even colored a cookie with edible markers. I think this year's Christmas Cookie making will be fun for my new little kitchen helper.
What a memory
So its offical - you can not say something to Logan and assume he won't remember what it was or connect A to B. Case in point, Logan wanted to see the snow that fell in Rochester yesterday. He wanted to see the moon. He was at the backdoor, face and hands pressed to the glass saying "Ow-sigh! Snow!" A look out the front window and he was begging "Ow-sigh! Moon."
So wise ole Mommy says "Ok, we'll go out but you have to wait for Daddy. I don't know where he put your coat."
Daddy appears and Logan runs up to him yelling "CO! CO! CO! CO! CO!"
"What?" says Daddy
Logan says "Co! Moon! Snow! Ow-sigh! Co!"
Mommy says "He wants his coat. He wants to go see the snow and the moon but I told him he needed his coat and we had to wait for you since I didn't know where it was."
Logan says "CO!"
Logan got his coat from Daddy. Stood patiently while we put it on (Not) and was delighted to be out in the freezing cold night air to see the moon and the snow.
Something familiar
About 4 hours into our trip home we stopped at a Kentucky Fried Chicken for lunch. Yes, such wonderfully healthy meals we eat on the road. Anyway, while waiting on line, Logan decides this man in front of us must be the very same Uncle Jimmy he just saw over this long weekend. The man had a similar hair style and color to Jim, although outside of that there was little similarity. "Immy?" said Logan as he stared at this man. Then he looked at me and he looked at that guy and he said "Immy? Immy?" I guess he got a better look at the guy because he gave up finally.
Then we sat down - well near our table was a group of three teenagers. One of which was wearing a baseball cap and glasses similar in style to those Cameron wears. The kid looked a little like Cam with the hat and glasses going a long way to help aid the connection. Well Logan was so excited. He turned in his chair as far as that little wooden high-chair would let him and he sighed "Cam-mooooo!" He stared at the teen for a bit, then returned to his chicken and cartoon-fish covered Kids Meal box.
Be Proud of what you do!
It used to be Logan just said "I did it!" This is certainly a phrase he still does say - esp when he's throwing or kicking a ball. However, this weekend he added a new variation -- "I DONE IT!" I have no idea where this came from. I know he knows "all gone" and "all done." Perhaps its from that? No clue. It, however, seems to get him a big laugh from everyone that hears it. . ."I, I, I, I DONE IT!" [Insert laughter and rephrasing back to him You've done it!" from whichever collection of non-toddler folk nearest him.] Of course making folks laugh is all Logan needs for encouragement. He spent oodles of time during our visit just performing a simple task (or no task at all) and saying "I DONE IT!! I DONE IT! I DONE IT!"
<< Home