Ub You and Where go's. . .
Early on in those infant days we toyed with the idea of teaching Logan some sign language, or at least develop a few easy gestures he could use to communicate before he became verbal. Then he became rather verbal rather early and we let the sign language sort of fall to the wayside. Except for one thing. Gram has always signed "I love you" to Logan. Not the one handed little nod of the wrist version. We're talking about the three separate motions - pointing to self, crossing arms over chest, pointing to object of your affection. Usually, this is just something that makes Logan smile and laugh. Sometimes it'll even prompt a kiss. Today though, he did it himself. While at Gram's today, Logan called for her attention. When he got it, he pointed to himself and said "I." He tried really hard to cross his arms over his chest (and almost got it rumor has it) as he said "Ub." Then he pointed to his grandmother and said "You."Where Go?
Shortly after getting home and settled this evening we took Logan's shoes off as we do most nights when its clear we're not going outside again anytime soon. I'm not really sure what prompted him, but it seemed to dawn on Logan suddenly that he was walking around in his socks.
"Chews!" he called out almost alarmed at the thought that he had lost them. Then he uttered yet another new phrase as he set out to find them - "Where go?"
Somewhat surprised to hear him ask the question and rather bemused at his quest to find them, I giggled then held out his little construction boots.
"Ahhh, chews!" he said as he grabbed them from me.
Climb Higher and Higher
Logan has not been much of a climber to date. . .but that could change. One of my on-line Mom's groups refers to this phenomena of toddler climbing as "Mountain Goatism." Some believe that Gymboree may even spark the onset of this ailment. I'm starting to wander if that that theory is accurate. Today Logan decided Gram's coffee table was a lovely mountain to climb....Repeatedly. Perhaps it is just a matter of time before we must ditch the crib and bring in a toddler bed in order to save the budding dare devil from a spill taken while climbing OUT? I had hoped we could hold off till that 2nd birthday, but I guess the mountain goat in our child will determine how realistic that goal is.
I dive
Regular readers of the Logan Letter may recall Logan's early entry into those "Dad may I have the keys?" teenage years. Well folks, its just getting worse. No longer content to sit on a lap and merely hold the steering wheel, Logan informs us daily, each time he sees our cars, that he's going to drive. He'll sit on Daddy's lap in the car before Dad leaves for work in the morning. His little 16-month old hands tightly gripping the steering wheel as he literally steers - moving the wheel up and down varying degrees. In between pronouncements of "I DIVE!" he'll VROOM! and SCREECH!
Given his way, he'd spend hours each day standing in the driver's seat of our SUV parked in the driveway. His hands, again, holding that steering wheel with VROOM and SCREECH laughed out repeatedly. He's also amused at his ability to turn the four way flashers on in the truck and the way he can turn up the radio in Daddy's Civic.
For what its worth, we're dreading our future. If 16-months is this bad with the "I DIVE" what ever will 16 years bring?!
<< Home