All About the Boy!

11.19.2003

What a helper

Logan is a kid that likes to have a job to do. Its been said before, but that's never stopped us from saying something again and again. At least not when we have a story to tell. This morning he decided to help me put away his laundry. Previously this meant pulling out pieces of clean clothes and tossing them around the room. Today though he pulled out clothes and handed them to me. That lasted until he found a stray plastic hanger that had just fallen to the floor. He looked at it. He turned it around in his hands, studying it intently. Then he plunged a hand into the basket and retrieved an undershirt. He looked at the shirt then at the hanger. He glanced up to see me hang one of his blanket sleepers up, then back to his bounty. And yes, then he tried hard to get that t-shirt onto that hanger. He pulled and pushed and squished as best he could. In the end he smashed the two together and held it out to me with both hands saying "HERE." He then decided to match his socks up - or maybe it was chew his socks up. Hmmmm.....

When the basket was finally empty I placed it down where it normally lives - at the foot of Logan's crib. Not sure what he'd do I pointed to the basket and the pile of yesterday's clothes and last nights pajamas. "Hey, Logan, why don't you put the dirty clothes in the basket for me?"

I turned away to empty the now opened pack of Pampers into the stacker shelves in Logan's closest. I turned back when I heard him say "All Gone." What was gone? The pile of clothes. He had put everything into the basket and stood there clapping for himself.