Discovery
Logan loves chocolate. This is not totally a new discovery. He kept trying to charm free samples out of the new chocolate store in the mall several weeks ago. But today has been a huge chocolate day - first there was the Advent calendar. We forgot to open the first door yesterday so we did two today. . .and shhh, don't tell but I ate one piece of chocolate and Logan had the other. ;) Then I decided to make cookies. Well Logan sort of asked me to - sort of. He got himself a new book from Aunt Joanie and Uncle Larry. A Clifford Christmas book with flaps. Under one flap is Emily Elizabeth's mom making cookies. Logan shows me this particular picture often and says "Mahme cookie." This morning he showed me it a lot and so I said in return "Tell you what Logan, we have to go food shopping so today we'll buy stuff to make chocolate chip cookies." I showed him the bag of chips as I tossed them in the cart saying "See, these? These are for our cookies that we're making this afternoon."Well nap time came and went. Then lunch got eaten. Before he could demand down from his high chair I started the cookies. I rolled Logan over to the counter and handed him an empty bowl and wooden spoon. He likes to stir the air in the bowl. ha! I turned on the video camera, killing two birds with one stone -- the recording of this event and providing further entertainment for the boy as he could watch himself on the sideviewer. I tried to get him to help me put the butter in but he just stared at it. I showed him the cup of sugar and he merely poked at it. I offered him the brown sugar and he knocked some off the 1/2 cup and decided it was sand. He did enjoy watching the beaters chanting "Round, round and round" as they did their thing.
I added in flour and he did sort of help me put the final measuring cup worth in. I stirred the dough and Logan stirred more air in his bowl - complete with flour on his face and overalls. I added in the chips and offered a couple to Logan. He loved the chips. He asked for me. In fact when I offered to let him stir them into the bowl he thought it a better idea to remove them from the bowl and eat them. I took a few unmixed in yet chips and put them on his high chair then stirred the rest in myself.
He didn't like spooning the dough onto the cookie sheet because that meant getting his fingers sticky and he does not like stinky fingers. He also, by the way, gets upset when food coloring marker gets smeared on his hands leaving a little blue stain. I offered him a baked cookie to sample. He ate a piece then asked me for chocolate. He's pulled a few chips out and then moved on to the next great adventure. Oh well, at least he's a kid who knows what he likes!
Daddy's game
I'm not even sure either of them know how it started, but Daddy and Logan have a new game. First of all, let me set the stage here. Logan skipped crawling and went right to cruising and then directly to walking/running. He had no use for crawling, perfectly content to log roll if he needed to get from Point A to Point B without the aid of someone's hands to help him up and cruise. Then he learned to walk and decided that sometimes crawling was ok. If he didn't feel like actually going through the effort to stand just to get a little bit away from where he was, crawling over to it was perfectly acceptable. Lately, he'll decide to crawl along just for fun.
Well Sunday night when we got home was one of those "For fun crawling" jags. I was downloading Logan's new favorite computer game "Shoes" when I heard a complete, loose your breathe belly rolling laugh come out of Logan. He was crawling down the hallway and Daddy was chasing him yelling "No crawling, no crawling, no crawling." Then Daddy picked him up and ran him down the remainder of the hall, depositing him on our bed with a thud and a squeal of giggles. Logan decided this was great fun and proceeded to drop to his knees and crawl the first chance he had to get back onto the floor. It went on for ages.
This morning Logan was up before Daddy and it was Daddy he wanted. When he finally cornered Dad fresh out of the shower, Logan yelled "No Crawling!" and hit the ground on all fours laughing his head off in the process. He loves the game. He loves the chase. He loves the thud on the bed. He and I played this afternoon as well but I, apparently, messed it all up by not putting him on the bed because I didn't want him too comfy up there when I had cookies in the oven to keep an eye on. That's ok. I think its better that Daddy and Logan have their own special game anyway.
What a nap!
First of all, Logan has NEVER liked napping in his crib. IN fact, he hated it so much that he often refused to do it and routine became Logan napped on people or in cars or in swings or bouncey seats, etc. Well on our trip, Logan napped in the Pack-n-Play. So today, Mom decided Logan would nap in the crib. We ran oodles of errands in the morning and Logan fell soundly asleep on our way home from Shop Rite. I moved him from the car after he'd been out for 10 minutes to the crib. He stayed there sound asleep for an hour and a half. He woke up calling for me and I found him sitting at the foot of his crib looking most confused. He cried. I picked him up and he put his head down on my shoulder and sent back to sleep finally waking after a total 2.5 hours of sleep. That's the longest nap he's taken in many many months! He's either in a growth spurt as yesterday's nap was long, or recovering from his big weekend. Or both.
The origin of I DONE IT
Sometimes I am dense. In our last update I said I didn't know why Logan had switched from I did it to I done it. Well today I do. He switched because one of his beloved trains on his Thomas the Train DVD says it. "I've done it! I've done it! I've Done it!"
<< Home