Phrases I welcome and those I don't.
Logan continues to add grammatically correct sentences to his verbal arsenal. Of his latest mastered sentiments there are two I almost wish he'd unlearn and one I'm thrilled to hear.1. "I want that!"
Yup, it starts early doesn't it. Logan, by the way, wants a lot. He wants the toothbrush on the window sill. He wants the magazine I'm reading. He wants the train he sees in the store. Sometimes he'll vary it a bit to tell you specifically what 'that' is. "I want that cup" or "I want wawer" (That'd be water.) Phrase #1 that I could do without.
2. "I NEED that."
This typically makes its appearance when repeated "I want that" statements get him no where. For what its worth, he whines the word need. Dragging it out as if seeming needy in itself will give more credence to his pleas. He will on occasion toss in the word please - as in "Peez, Mommy! I NEED that!" Yup, you got it, phrase #2 I wouldn't mind losing.
3. "I sorry."
This is Logan's latest little sentence - obviously lacking the word "am" but still functional in its own right. Often he just says it for the fun of saying it. This morning however, he got it right. Stopped in the midst of a hands-a-flying-meltdown because I dared put him down to run to the bathroom, Logan looked me in the eye while I explained, again, that hitting was not acceptable. He put his head down, stared at his grey socked feet and said "I sorry Mommy." This phrase he can keep.
An aside. . .Why is it my child can clearly enunciate a word like "Shampoo" but struggles saying his own name? I've always assumed those 's' words were the hardest, guess the L is tougher.
<< Home