What a great night!
Bruce just commented tonight that in the last week there seems to be a HUGE leap forward in terms of maturity for our little guy. Just things that he says and does. Ways he responds that he never did before. Well tonight was another example.Our normal bed time routine goes like this:
bath
dressed for bed
bottle of milk
say our goodnights
turn on music, sway for about 5-10 minutes
put groggy or sleeping boy in his crib and tip-toe out.
Tonight however, we progressed with our routine as normal. Walking down the hall in my arms Logan calls out "Night Daddy!" We get into his room, he puts his head on my shoulder as he normally does and he says "Bye Daddy. Daddy ni ni." (Usually if he fusses and calls for Daddy I say "Daddy's in bed too. Daddy' sleeping. Shhhh, night-night."
Then comes "Ni mommy."
Tonight, Logan lifts his head, sitting straight up in my arms, eyes WIDE open and he stares at me. He turns and points to his crib and says "Bed? Down? In bed?"
I say - Yes, we're going to bed. Go to sleep little man.
Logan - Bed. In bed. Down.
me - Umm, ok, you want to go in your bed? Ok. But its not play time, its sleep, ok?
I lower him into his bed, he goes right to his hands and knees. "Head down!" he calls out as he lowers his head to the mattress. (At nights when I put him to in the crib groggy he sometimes kneels in there looking around. I'll say "Head down, little guy, go to sleep.")
I am stunned. STUNNED. Usually if I try to put him in any earlier than groggy he yells at me. I say my usual "Night little man. You're a good boy. I Love you and I'll see you in the morning." I tip toe quickly before he changes his mind.
"Mommy?" he says
I'm thinking its coming - the breakdown.
"Night" he says and he's silent.
That was over an hour ago - not a single little peep.
PLUS - today was day 3 without a morning bottle. I did nothing at all different other than not offer him one. Now we tried this a few other times and he'd ask for it...but not this time. He goes right into his chair and eats, taking some milk from his new nifty straw cup. Wah-hoo! We'll see. Hopefully this won't jinx it! ;)
<< Home