Taken
Daddy has a chair that is well-worn and well-loved. This beat up blue Lay-Z-Boy is the only piece of furniture he picked out when we bought our house. The only thing he had to have. Its also where Logan has been fed his bottles from the beginning. We sit in it, cuddled together to watch his shows. We read it in. We sometimes have snacks or breakfast or lunch in it. Logan loves that chair. Sometimes, when you're not looking, he'll even climb up on his own and he'll stretch out making himself most comfortable.And now he's taken ownership - although he's yet to tell Daddy this directly.
Last night he wiggled off my lap and posted himself in the middle of the living room. We had been sitting in "the chair" watching Salty's Secret (aka a Thomas the Tank Engine video) and feeding Logan an orange ice pop, which he calls Lolli...as in Lollipop. He turned and smiled at me before extending one little finger and pointing to the chair.
"Daddy chair" he said.
"Yes, Logan, this is Daddy's chair" I said.
"No." said Logan and he smiled even bigger than before "No-nin's chair" he said. Nonin being the latest way he pronounces his own name.
"Logan's chair?" I said "This is now your chair?"
He laughed at me and ran to the kitchen stopping next to his high chair. "Nonin's chair" he said pointing it. "My chair" he said just in case I didn't catch him the first time.
"Right" I said "That's your high chair."
He smiled again and said "Two chair."
"I guess so, Mr. Logan. I guess you do have two chairs." I said. Then I called Daddy on his cell phone to tell him how he lost possession of "the chair."
Of course, since Dad got home last night, Logan will only call that recliner "Daddy chair." I guess for now its just our secret.
<< Home