Spelling Bee
There are a ton of things we say and do daily with Logan that just become habits you don't think about. For example, we write his name on things for him and we spell it as we do it. It just gets done and no one really focuses on why or what's happening - least of all, it seems sometimes, Logan. The other night, however, he showed that even when it seems he's ignoring you, he's not.Logan sat in his bathtub surrounded by his foam letters. He'd pull one of the sudsy water and stick it up on the tub wall announcing which letter he was plugging up there. After we did a few letters and word combos (as in "D" is for Daddy) Logan plucked up the "L."
"L" he said as he had the others before.
"Right, very good," I said as I always do. "Do you know what starts with the letter L?" not getting a fast response I told him as I do often without thinking of it "L is for Logan."
He smiled at me and then said "L - O - G - A - N spells Logan!"
<< Home