All About the Boy!

6.11.2004

More language developments. . .

I really should stop being surprised by the things that fall out of Logan's mouth. Yet that doesn't stop the shock. Here's this child, still 19 days shy of his 2nd birthday, popping off yet another concept in its full grammatical correctness and again it surprised me. What was it, you ask? Well let me give you an example. He did it a few times today alone but here's a time that also showcases his 2 year-old sense of humor.

Gram, you see, will sometimes tell Logan that he's goofy (as opposed to silly which is another thing he knows he can be.) And tonight, Mr "I'm so Overtired I'm acting like I'm a Frat Boy at a party" Logan was truly goofy. In the car on our way home from dinner with his grandparents I told him he was a nut. SO he laughs loudly and deeply. Catches his breath and repeatedly yells out "Goofy nut!"

Then he adds in "Logan goofy nut!" bursts into a fit of giggles and squeaks out barely getting enough air "I goofy nut!"

I finally, hoping that verbally recognizing his glee will move him to the next thing as it sometimes does, agree with him "You are a goofy nut."

Then he adds his newest verbal conquest:

"Mommy goofy nut too!"

Yes, Logan now uses the word "too" properly...even if it is to tease me.