But he tried so hard. . .
Today we finally located a package of the new Pampers Feel and Learn training pants. Its a furniture owners dream - your toddler feels the sensation of being wet, which in turn aids the potty training process, yet the outside of diaper stays dry keeping your furniture/rug/car seat/bed safe. Figuring if we were making that much of a leap we may as well be prepared for Logan to take us up on the offer. That meant it was time to break down and buy the sized 2T Thomas and Friends that the little guy has had his eye on for ages.When Gram and I got back to her house (where we had left Logan entertaining Papa) I showed him the package of his new Thomas emblazon briefs. I explained again that he got to wear these when he could use the potty all the time and not need diapers any longer. He wanted his new underwear right then. He asked for his potty. He sat on it. He went through the motions and he asked for his big boy underwear. So ok, we did it. We just didn't toss his shorts back on over them since I hadn't brought a 2nd outfit. He spent sometime admiring his new underwear in the mirror before returning to the fun he was having.
Throughout the afternoon I'd ask him if he needed to use the bathroom. Each time he'd say no. Then we played hide-n-seek. In the midst of counting to 10 next to the couch while I hid, Logan called out for Grandma. "I pee!" he yelled and he asked for help with his potty. He ran as fast as he could down the hall. He got his potty in position. He tried to tug his new underwear off. He sat down....and that's when we realized his sock was wet. . . and his underwear....and later noticed a small trail down the hall from kitchen to bathroom. Poor kid had tried so hard. He knew he had to go and he asked to go - he just couldn't get there in time.
<< Home