This has been our morning. . .
The boy that has given up his morning bottle took my hand this morning, walked me to the fridge, placed my hand on the door and said "Open door. Milk in bottle now." My darling brat. ;)some time passes, some cheerios get eaten. Logan - who had been playing trains with me, grabs my hand and says "Mommy go." drags me back to the kitchen and points to the fridge again. "Lollipop" he says. "Logan, we don't have any lollipops." He points to the freezer "Lollipop! There. have lollipop." I say to him "You mean Icepop? you want an icepop? Logan its 7 am." Logan says "Eye-pop. Peeeezzz!" I stop, I think. Its fruit juice. No sugar added....ok fine. I give. Ice pop. He has some (its strawberry) then hands it to me (Pop into my palm as he holds the clean stick. Gee thanks!) and then he says "No, have orange?" I say "You want an orange?" he says "Have orange lollipop." I say "You can have orange juice." He says "Apple Juice." Fine. We get Apple juice.
Later in the morning I'm trying to download some work mail. Logan shows up at the office door with an empty bowl. He holds it out to me and smiles. Then he grabs my hand and again and says "Mommy up. Out. Tearyos?" So up and out I go and I load him with Cheerios. I offer to put him in the Highchair. No. I offer to sit with him in the big chair. No. He insists on carrying it himself to the floor in the living room - making sure to use both hands and not spill (of causer when he gets there, he attempts to pour the cereal from one empty kid bowl into another and manages to get it all over the floor.)
As I'm wondering how evil I am for giving him a fruit pop already this day, I ponder how bad it'd be to just scoop up the mess and put it back in the bowl. Logan laughs and says to me "Mommy I pee. No diaper." and starts to tug at his diaper. He does not mess with the tabs - no my child pulls the waistband forward and yanks on it until he can pull down this diaper like its a pair of pants. He steps out of the diaper and sits on top of it. "Pee. Pee. Pee. I pee. Mommy diaper." and he points to the basket where all the clean diapers live. I lay him down, put a new diaper on...then pick up the one he just removed for me and sure enough its heavy with absorbed pee.
Before I can blink he starts putting his cheerios back in his bowl. Guess that solves my problem. :) He RUNS to the kitchen, places his bowl on the floor and pulls out a regular chair at the table. He turns and looks at me and says "Chair? Sit?" I say to him "Do you want to sit in your chair with your Cheerios." He says "No. Sit chair." He's still holding the regular chair. I pick him up and put him on it. He says "in" and pulls on the table. I scoot him in. He says "Mommy, Cheerios?' I give him his bowl. He pours it on the table and starts to eat. He decides its hard to reach that way so he attempts to stand. I steady him and start to take him off - - but he's fast and before I can get him he's sitting on my table...eating his cereal. I remove him...get his Cheerios and we relocate back to the living room where we sit in the recliner and munch.
He climbs down. "Mommy, booberry peeez." And so I get up again...and get him the blueberries I had bought yesterday. He polished off what was left...which was half a small container. When he was done he held the container upside down and said "Oh my! All gone!"
He's now enjoying a VERY long 3 and half hour nap! Totally unheard of. I suppose making huge leaps in maturity and eating everything in sight. takes a lot of out of you.
<< Home