"Happy Muffers Day!"
Yesterday morning I stepped into the shower to pounding on the door and Logan yelling "Mommy out shower!" So I open the door and he grabs my hand - me with a towel on my head and one wrapped around my body.He says "Mommy, come get presents now."
I said "Can't I get dressed?!"
Logan - "No, presents NOW!"
Bruce yells down the hall "He helped me put them out and now he can't wait for you to get them"
My little anxious boy grabs my hand and leads me down the hall. He points to the rocking chair where the gifts and cards are arranged.
"Open presents" he commands.
The first was from Logan - a basket from Bath and Body works that he picked out himself although Bruce says - "well Logan said "get that" but he wanted to leave so bad he'd have said yes to anything i showed him." It wasn't wrapped or anything I had to open to see, but Logan insisted I remove every hot glued bottle from the basket. Then he handed me two cards to open and said "Read cards now." So I did - he had 'signed' his own by scribbling in green crayon. Next he handed me the box from Bruce - a pretty pink floral printed silk scarf when he was in Paris.
Logan, who at this point was running circles around the room, came buzzing back to me. He threw his arms around me and said "Happy Muffers Day."
I think that part was the best gift of all.
<< Home