The things he says. . .
A few things that have fallen out of Logan's mouth recently:1. While playing with Mom in his room the other day, Logan decided to lay down on his side and attempt to retrieve a car he had 'driven' under his bed.
Logan says "Mommy! Help me up, please."
And so I do. I take his hand and help him right himself. He looks at me, eyes wide with gratitude and says:
"Oh Mommy, thank you saving me."
2. Since Daddy had been away the day of the great underwear experiment we decided to show off Logan's "Tommy briefs" over the weekend. Upon getting them pulled up Logan turned slowly saying "See Daddy?"
Then he took off down the hallway yelling "I pee potty, no wear diaper anymore. No pee in underwear!"
He sat on his potty and deciding he was done proceed to talk himself through the process of emptying his little bowl into the toilet - despite the fact he hadn't actually gone. Then flushing the toilet and so on. When done with the charade of having used his potty, Logan marched himself back to the living room and laid down on the floor announcing "Ok, I wear diaper now. I pee in my pants."
3. Still a big fan of the "No! I do myself!" proclamation, Logan will on occasion tone down his passion for independence with a bit calmer declaration of ability. The other day he was working hard at something and I asked him if he needed him.
"No, I got it." he said.
<< Home