All About the Boy!

2.02.2005

Three Cheers for Cheerios

Well potty training just kicked up a notch. Its a rather long, detailed mess of a story, but it invovles a desire to stand and some cheerios. On Sunday night Logan finally used his potty sitting down after much discussion and attempts at standing before it - The cheerios got peed on in the bowl. On Monday all Grandma had for him was Trix - and so he peed on those.

In the early early morning hours today (roughly 3:30am) Logan, wired on cold medicine apparently, was up and calling for us in his room. Daddy went in and Logan said proudly "Dad, I think I have to pee. Please take me to the potty now." And Daddy asked Logan if this was real or a ploy to get out of bed. Mommy came in and just took him figuring either way, let's not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Logan sat on his potty, then looked up happily and said "I think I need my special toliet paper and some cheerios. A handful of wholesome oaty goodness later and he had gone. He did ask to call his usual suspects but we convinced him Grandma would rather hear all about it in the morning.

Speaking of the morning, Logan got up for his day at 6ish and after a few moments to adjust to just being allowed out of his room to wander, he headed back to the potty. Some more Cheerios in and some more pee out. He's now running around in just his socks and a pair of firetruck and helicopter covered underwear. I told him I was nearly out of diapers and he told me that was ok because he didn't need diapers any more. One can only hope.

We'll see how the rest of the day goes. . . although I still do need new diapers. Even if he's sincere about being diaper free, I'm not quite ready to trust him over night yet. ;)