Nuances
I keep telling myself its not worth being surprised by the things that fall out of Logan's mouth any longer, and yet I always am. Today he again exhibited that he understands certain nuances of language.Logan has (ok, I used to have it, now he took it over) a Siberian Husky beanie baby. Its name is Little Tasha - rightly enough since it does look like our real Husky. As an infant he liked to suck on her nose. As a toddler, he either ignores it or he carts it around petting it and cooing at it. Today he picked it up and disappeared.
He came back smiling at me and said very matter of factly, "Little Tasha is thirsty."
Me - Where did you put Little Tasha Logan? (I'm now a bit nervous because in the 'olden' days Logan viewed the dog's dish as a swimming pool of sorts. Lots of things have taken a dip in that bowl.)
L - She's near the water bowl.
Me - You didn't put her *in* the bowl did you?
L - No Mommy. That silly. I put Little Tasha near bowl. Come kitchen see.
And so I did...and he had. The little stuffed Husky is lying on its stomach nose up to the bowl, chest lying on the lip of the mat which protects our floor.
Speaking of surprises
Another thing we've come to accept - if Logan says its so, just go with it. Gone are the days where we'd question, doubt, second guess the child. No, if Logan says there is a James game on the Thomas and Friends web site - there is. If he says he owns a blue shirt with a dumb truck on it - he does. Its just that simple.
The other day Logan announced he was going to wear his green backhoe shirt that day. We were baffled - Logan doesn't *have* a green backhoe shirt. He has a white t-shirt with a blue collar that has a backhoe on it. . . but not a green shirt. We told him as much. We showed him what he DID have. We attempted to reason with him. No, he'd have none of it. He had to be the green one. Then I remembered. A week or so ago I picked up an outfit for the fall. Tan pants with a coordinating green shirt possessing a great big backhoe on its front.
I pulled it from the closet and showed it to him. "There it is!" he said proudly. Once we explained that he couldn't wear the nice long sleeved 'Fall' shirt, he relented and accepted his backhoe t-shirt.
He's since done the same thing with the blue sweatsuit depicting a dumptruck that lives in his closet and he's directed Daddy to more than one game on his various web sites. Its gotten to the point that on the days I work I rely on Logan to tell me if Daddy gave Tasha her pill or not. Often I'm getting ready while Bruce and Logan play for a bit. When I'm done, Bruce is leaves...and very often I forget to make sure he gave Tasha her thyroid pill. So our mornings take on the same routine.
I ask him simply - Logan? Did Daddy give Tasha her pill this morning? (knowing that if he had, Logan was most likely helping at the time.) And he'll tell me either way. I went ahead and verified it a few times - he's right always right.
<< Home